Kissel/ES Helps the city LaVista, NE Pass LB1018
January 17, 2011
Working with members of the Legislature, the office of the Governor, national consultants and local municipalities, Kissel/ES Associates representing the United Cities of Sarpy County, created a package known as the Nebraska Advantage Transformational Tourism and Redevelopment Act. This bill, known as LB1018, creates a mechanism for cities to commit a portion of their local option sales tax within a specific, geographic area to pay for the project. Most recently, the city of LaVista, NE placed LB1018 language on the November ballot and it passed with 70% approval.
Gordon Kissel has worked in the lobbying and association management field since 1980. He established Kissel/E&S Associates with Erickson | Sederstrom in 1994.
Joe Kohout is a partner in the firm of Kissel/E&S Associates. Since 2002, Joe has been a registered lobbyist with the Nebraska State Legislature. Before attending law school, Joe served as a Legislative Aide in the Nebraska Legislature for then‑Senator John Hilgert of Omaha (now Director of Veterans’ Affairs). During his tenure as Legislative Aide, Joe earned valuable expertise in committee structures, the legislative process and constituent services.
Relevant Areas of Expertise
The Governmental Relations Division has considerable expertise in the following areas:
- Administrative Law; Administrative Appeals
- Municipal Law; Representation of Governmental Entities
- Governmental Contracting
- Utilities Law
- Permits and Approvals
- Eminent Domain
- Tort Claims
- Tax Appeals
- Medicare/Medicaid Reimbursements
- Health and Human Services Licensure, Regulations and Appeals
- Land Use Regulatory Matters
- Lobbying (Lobbying services at the state level are provided by Kissel/E&S Associates of Lincoln, Nebraska, a firm affiliated with Erickson | Sederstrom law firm. For a more detailed look at the lobbying services provided, visit Kissel/E&S Associates website.)
Kissel/E&S Associates of Lincoln, Nebraska, is the lobbying arm of Erickson | Sederstrom and provides associations, business, and individuals a wide range of services in the areas of legislative representation, government relations, and association management.