Adam B. Kuenning
Adam Kuenning is an attorney at Erickson | Sederstrom, P.C. practicing primarily with the Healthcare, Corporate, and Aviation & Transportation groups. Adam’s Healthcare practice involves advising healthcare providers of all sizes on the unique issues and regulations relating to the ever-changing field of medicine and medical compliance. Within this practice, Adam regularly advises medical professionals in matters relating to their licensure. Adam’s Corporate practice assists businesses in matters ranging from business formation and employment agreements to contract disputes and litigation. Adam also assists pilots and aerospace businesses in the area of aviation law as a part of Aviation/Transportation group.
Born in Illinois, Adam was raised in Broken Bow, Nebraska. Prior to joining Erickson | Sederstrom he was an air traffic controller for the Federal Aviation Administration ("FAA") and dispatch supervisor for an industry leading air medical company. He then began working for the United States Air Force ("USAF") as a Contract Specialist. With the USAF he administered contracts with a combined scope in excess of $720 million. Adam then transitioned out of the federal government and began working with a law firm in Broken Bow where he practiced family law, criminal defense, and estate law. In addition to his current practice of Healthcare, Corporate, and Aviation & Transportation Law, Adam serves as an Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Law at the Creighton University School of Law and teaches undergraduate classes in business and political science.
Creighton University School of Law, J.D.
- Honorable Lyle E. Strom, Scholar in Trial Advocacy
- National Trial Advocacy Competition, Creighton Representative
- Law Office Practice and Management – CALI Award for Excellence
University of North Dakota, B.S., Aeronautics, Magna Cum Laude
Nebraska U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska
Professional and Civic Affiliations
Omaha Chamber of Commerce
American Bar Association
- The American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics
- Nebraska Hospital Association
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- U.S. Civil Air Patrol
- Nebraska Aviation Trades Association
- Cancer Alliance of Nebraska (f/k/a Missouri Valley Cancer Consortium), Member of the Board of Directors”
- Radio Talking Book Service, Member of the Board of Directors (Finance Committee)
- Visiting Nurse Association, Member of the Board of Directors (Finance and Audit Committee)
- Creighton University School of Law, Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Law
- University of Nebraska at Omaha, Adjunct Professor of Political Science
- Bellevue University, Adjunct Professor of Business
Adam was an air traffic controller at Kansas City International Airport during his time with the FAA. He has also been a pilot for more than twelve years. During his time with the United States Air Force, Adam was proud to support United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM), United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM), the Joint Functional Component Command for Space (JFCC Space), and the 55th Air Wing by assisting high-ranking decision makers to acquire goods and services for the warfighter.
Through Adam’s background in the field of aerospace, he brings a unique perspective to Aviation and Transport Law. As a former air traffic controller and helicopter dispatcher, as well as an active pilot, Adam is able to apply all of these practical experiences to the practice of aviation law. Adam studied aeronautics and aviation management at the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences at the University of North Dakota, one of the nation’s top aerospace programs. He is a former member of the National Air Traffic Controllers Association and the American Association of Airport Executives. This experience and education assist Adam in his representation of pilots and aviation businesses in matters such as FAA investigations, unmanned aerial vehicle/systems (UAV/ UAS) registration and drone issues, appeals of actions against pilot licensure before the National Transportation Safety Board, and compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
10330 Regency Parkway Drive Suite 100
Omaha, Nebraska 68114-3761